Jr. Board Applications
2024-2025 GDYF Jr. Board Applications
Applications are now open for Georgia Dairy Youth Foundation Junior Board members. 4-H and FFA students between 9th and 11th grades with an interest in dairy are eligible for this board. The Georgia Dairy Youth Foundation’s mission is to provide broad-based financial support for Georgia dairy youth. The Jr. Board supports this mission. They host fundraisers, connect youth to a variety of dairy activities, build connections throughout the industry and with other youth, gain professional development and leadership training, and participate in team-building exercises.
Applicants should have demonstrated an interest in dairy, although showing is not a prerequisite for becoming a Jr. Board member. Experiences in dairy include but aren’t limited to showing commercial or registered, quiz bowl, dairy judging, the Southeast Dairy Youth Retreat, SAE’s, 4-H project achievement, and any other dairy youth activities.
Board members are expected to attend at least two of the following events:
· GA National Fair GDYF info booth, October, Perry, GA
· State Commercial Dairy Heifer Show GDYF info booth, February, Perry, GA
· GDYF Golf Tournament, March, Rutledge, GA
· GDYF showmanship workshops for students and teachers
· GDYF annual board meeting and auction fundraiser, January, Savannah, GA
Members are also expected to participate in:
· Dairy Week, August, virtual
· Jr. Board annual meeting, March or June, Madison, GA
Applications are due Friday, February 2nd. Emailing the application is preferable to ensure it’s received, although mailing is fine.
Please email email@example.com or mail applications to 1141 Broughton Rd. Madison, GA 30650
Should you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 706-343-7000.